In this episode, Rico and ChinaMike talk about their current projects. Mainly Mike's progress with China basketball tours and plans to bring Chinese players to the US.
Rico's developing, "Manufacturing accelerator program" - bringing people from the US and other countries to China to work out of his office sourcing their own products.
* ChinaMike WildBall Tours Update
* Cirque Du Soleil
* NCAA players in China
* Chinese basketball players in the US
* Chiang Mai Life
* Rico's Manufacturing Accelerator Program test run
* Dealing with corporate clients
In this episode, Rico and ChinaMike review goals from 2017 and set new goals for 2018.
How did they do in 2017? What do they expect from 2018? Take a listen!
* Mike's goals 2017 - Grade "Solid C" :)
* Mike's goals for 2018:
1. Become more social.
2. Lifestyle branch online sales.
3. Reading/listening to more books and audiobooks
* An awesome AD - Design for manufacturing service
* Rico's 2017 goals - Grade: A
* Rico's 2018 for goals:
1. Revenue goals.
2. Video and Podcast episode every week.
3. 1k Youtube subscribers.
4. Muscle Up!
In this episode, Rico meets Ray Chan from Guangzhou Golden Technology, one of the biggest Chinese whiskey import companies. Two passionate whiskey fans, discuss their favorite brands, best whiskey on the market and insanely expensive vintages.
* Karuizawa whiskey ($150.000 per bottle)
* Taiwanese whiskey, Kavalan - one of the top 3 whiskeys in the world
* How fake alcohol is made in China
* Jack Maa and Macallan
* Which Hollywood blockbuster made whiskey popular in China
* How to tell the difference between good and bad whiskey
In this episode Rico and Nick travel to Yangshou, a scenic mountain town with a lot of history.
Yangshuo lies to the southeast of Guilin and in the northeast of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. Since being introduced by 'Lonely Planet' in 1980, it greets an increasing number of visitors annually.
* "Bangers and Mash"
* Smelly blankets and other bus adventures.
* Prices in Yangshou
* Rico Approved food places
On a train from Hong Kong to Guangzhou, Nick Nerov, a rapidly expanding Amazon FBA player - shares him experiences globe trotting and explains his decision to move to China to kick his FBA business into 5th gear.
* The benefits of investing (time) in China in 2018
* Doing business in China just takes longer, be patient
* How being on the ground makes your a priority to suppliers
* Some of the "fuckery" that goes on behind the scenes
* Learning from people A few steps ahead of you
In this episode Nick Nerov, a big time Amazon FBA player making 5 figures a month in profit (USD) selling on the platform - will share pearls of wisdom with Rico and his listeners. These two good friends will share advice, laughs and experience.
- The Spirit of the Entrepreneur
- First steps to get on Amazon.
- What do when the FBA goldrush ends
- The nuts and bolts of business growth
- Importance of good suppliers
- Praising Rico!!!
- Rico EXPOSED!!!
In another short and packed bonus episode ChinaMike & Rico broke down some gems and a few hacks to help you maximize your Canton Fair visit.
- How to easily register, avoid lining up with 1,000s of people and get your badge
- Accommodation tips you won't find from a Google search
- Some of the best places to eat and meet foreigners and locals
- Why you shouldn't take a quote you get at the fair at face value
- The best ways to come across as sourcing pro when communicating with suppliers
- What type of suppliers to expect and which phase is best for you
One of best interviews we've done thus far on the podcast. Manuel Becvar is a renaissance man based out of Hong Kong & Bangkok, with over 10 years of experience sourcing electronics in China and two successful companies. He took us to school on topics such as:
- Why he never took the leap from Hong Kong to mainland China
- The sourcing skills he's mastered through his electronics trading company Mandarin-Gear and translating those into a successful Amazon FBA Coaching venture called ImportDojo
- If Amazon will try to kill the competition and take all the knowledge/skills learnt from it's sellers
- When an FBA seller should consider shipping via Air vs Sea
- His FBA launch process and favourite marketing tactics
- What the main differences are between Alibaba & Global Sources
- The importance of networking and giving value without expecting anything return